Senior Transportation Engineer – Roadway Design Section Manger
Job Description: Wey Engineering is seeking a talented leader to serve as our Roadway Design Section Manager in our Tampa Office. We are looking for an individual that wants to advance their career by joining our talented and highly collaborative Engineering Team. With a minimum of ten (10+) years of highway/roadway design and project management experience, the prospective candidate will lead team members to successfully complete conceptual design exhibits and final design construction documents for highway and roadway improvement projects. A career-minded professional with self-confidence and a teachable spirit would find themselves advancing quickly in our family-oriented organization. As a Transportation Project Manager, he/she will play a key role in expanding the capabilities of our rapidly growing transportation group. The ideal candidate should have strong relationships with individuals at the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and should have previous project management experience on FDOT projects.
- Manage existing transportation staff and transportation projects;
- Recruit key talent that align with our company culture;
- Build and implement sales/marketing initiatives for growth of transportation design services;
- Build up backlog by pursuing and winning work as prime and subconsultant;
- Manage client communications, expectations, and satisfaction;
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships; and
- Lead and/or assist with the coordination, development and production of proposals, and presentations, ensuring the highest quality of information and documentation output.
Skills / Qualifications Role Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an accredited college/university;
- 10+ years as a Transportation/Roadway Engineer/Project Manager;
- Florida Professional Engineers License;
- Self-starter with strong oral and written communication skills;
- Detail oriented, proactive individual who takes ownership of their work;
- Proficiency in the following software: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project),, MicroStation – using latest FDOT CADD requirements, Geopak;
- Experience with Bentley OpenRoads Designer (3D modeling) preferred; and
- Candidates must be familiar with FDOT design project delivery.
- Ability to work well in team environment and provide effective leadership and promote strong employee moral
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and win work; and
- Motivated to develop business from new and existing clients.
Company Overview: Wey Engineering is a rapidly growing employee-owned transportation engineering firm, helping public and private clients address some of the most critical transportation challenges in the State of Florida. Our employees pride themselves in delivering technical excellence, quality products and services, and outstanding client service.
Diversity Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Salary and Benefits: Compensation for this management/leadership position will vary based on the candidate’s years of experience and proven track record of business development and management of staff and projects. Wey Engineering offers ownership opportunities for new employees, a 401k plan with company matching, health insurance, paid time off, and opportunities for performance-based bonuses and profit sharing.
How to Apply: Interested candidates can email their resume to: email@example.com.